The constructions with containers continue to increase in popularity. We tell you what are the aspects that you should take into account before buying a container to build a house.
These large metal boxes are transformed to be converted into displays, meeting spaces, shops ...
In just a few years, the number of people considering building a container house has multiplied.
But build a container house, it can become a great challenge, since although the idea is not so new, there are few professionals with the necessary experience.
If you are reading this you may want to know more details about the steps to follow before buying containers to build a house.
That is why in this article we have compiled valuable advice in relation to this topic that will help you solve some doubts and take into account some important details that are sometimes overlooked.
Read on to know more about what to take into account when buying containers to build a house.
Maritime containers are an economical, sustainable and easy to move solution.
What to take into account when buying containers to build a house?
Container condition, a good base for your prefab house.
Going through huge warehouses full of containers and choosing one or more according to their type, size, condition, does not seem like something easy.
But avoiding last minute surprises when buying containers to build a house, it is possible.
That is why in SILVERSEA containers we have a simple search engine with specific filters, so that you can select the containers according to size, type, quantity, condition and find the container you need.
In addition, we offer transport, loading and unloading service so you do not have to worry about your transfer.
Material, resistance and duration of a container house.
How long does a house made of containers last?
Container houses can last at least 25 yearsbut its life will be longer with a good exterior coating and proper and regular maintenance.
Rust is the most common problem, That can shorten the life of a container home, especially if it is in a humid environment.
That is why before buying, it is very important to check for rust stains, as they must be treated and repaired as soon as possible to prevent it from spreading.
New, Used or One Trip Container?
One of the most frequently asked questions is What state should the container be in? New or used?
Well, it all depends on the use that is going to be given and how long it is used.
Containers used are cheaper but they can also have more defects and shorter lifespan.
- The new containers do not have damage however they have a higher cost and perhaps it is not the most profitable option if they are to be completely transformed.
- A One Trip Container has made only one trip with cargo, so its condition is optimal and the price is only slightly higher than a container that has gone through different deposits, loads and unloads.
- A one-trip container can retain its resale value much like a traditional home. They are fairly easy to resell as they can be loaded onto a truck and shipped almost anywhere.
In SILVERSEA containers you have single-use containers like new in different types, sizes and anywhere in the world. If you have any questions we will be happy to assist you.
Design of a container house. Your container house project in professional hands.
A sea container can have as many uses as your imagination can reach.
Containers can be used as a single space, but can also be assembled to create different environments.
The structure of your prefab container house its shape need not be limited. There are different types, sizes and heights with which to create the space you want.
Containers are easy to handle and transform, but should not be taken lightly.
A house is much more than just a steel or aluminum box.
The two long walls bear the load, so if a hole is cut in them, it must be compensated. And welding is time consuming and expensive.
Building a manufactured home requires knowledge of various disciplines, as well as legal aspects.
It is not just about making the container look like a house, but about knowing how to transform it safely, optimizing space, and without neglecting design, because like any home it has its own personality.
Seek for expert professionals in the area of architecture and 3D modeling, specialized in the design of projects made with containers such as, houses, or service spaces, meeting, exhibition ...
The tools they use allow photorealistically simulate the final look of your container house (material, volume, environment, light, objects ..) and make any modifications if you need it, before it's too late.
The development of the project must include other aspects, which may be crucial depending on the habitability conditions you are looking for in your container house:
- In case of using several containers, the systems of pipes and wiring must be located correctly on floors, ceilings or walls so they can be easily joined together when stacked.
- The interior and exterior cladding of a container is essential to insulate your home from cold, heat, condensation, wind or noise.
- The interior design it is as important as the rest. It should be noted that the shape of the container is intended for transport, and not all standard size furniture fits well.
Now that you know how to have the base, the design and an image of the final idea, we must answer another question:
Where can you build a prefab container house?
Specific regulations of the area for the construction of container houses.
The suburban and rural areas They tend to be more open to an alternative life, but depending on the terrain and country where you want to build your container house, the rules and regulations may be different.
Be sure to know the regulations of the area before positioning your container.
Price. How much does a container house cost?
A prefab container home can be very inexpensive and the cost of the container itself may be a minor matter to deal with.
But not all circumstances are the same and there are several elements to take into account:
- Costs of the land and access to it.
- Administrative and regulatory procedures during your purchase, transport and transfer.
- Arrangement, quantity and measure of the necessary containers.
- Welding and fabrication.
- Cleaning cost if container is used.
- Plumbing and electricity.
- Insulation and exterior cladding, floor and roof.
- Kitchen and bathroom finishes.
- Doors windows.
Search one reliable and experienced container company when buying your container, to seek advice on the most profitable solution for you.
The SILVERSEA containers 's team will be happy to answer your questions and advise you on the different options.
Contact us and build the container house you dream of using our containers.