There is a widespread idea that a container is a simple metal storage structure used to transport goods. But nothing further from reality.
A container can be a box full of surprises, and an excellent starting point for dozens of projects, where your imagination has no limits. In this article we will talk about all possible uses of a shipping container.
Originally, containers were only used for cargo transport, but in recent years, more and more architects, designers and companies are reusing these steel enclosures, because of its flexible and adaptable nature, to build different economical, lightweight and easily available constructions.
With a few modifications and some creativity, a metal container can become a functional and elegant space.
From complete buildings to, through practical spaces, striking pieces of furniture and works of art without any particular function. The possible uses of a maritime container are unlimited.
Everything is possible by making good use of recycled or specially constructed transport containers for the occasion.
What are the benefits of a construction made of containers?
- It's eye-catching and creative.
- It's a tough and durable solution
- It is cheaper than a concrete, brick, cement...
- It can be moved and relocated over time
- It can be reused and transformed again, to be adapted to other uses or left as a permanent solution
- It is a system increasingly used and requested in the world for its simplicity, price, flexibility and originality.
How to transform a container and what to consider before buying it?
Transforming a container and bringing any idea to life is possible, but that's not why it should be taken lightly.
For its structure to be solid, durable and get the expected result, it is necessary to follow some essential guidelines that will help you in the process before buying your container:
- Ask what it's been used for and for how long.
- Ask for images and make sure you don't have any problems in their structure such as dents or rusty areas that affect their structure.
- Before choosing where you're going to place your transformed container, make sure there are no restrictions on turning a container into a habitable structure, aunque sea temporalmente.
- If you don't have the necessary resources, tools and experience, put yourself in the hands of people or companies specializing in containers, who know how to work this material and are able to help you in the process, resolving doubts and avoiding possible errors.
- Design matters, but also its strength and strength. Keep in mind that making too many cuts or "hollows," for example to make windows, can weaken your structure.
- If you need your container to have resources that require installation, such as: electricity, water, internet connection, ventilation, heating, drainage ... it is essential to make sure that you can equip it with everything you need and that you can use these resources in the area where you install it.
- It's not always worth any content You don't know which container you need? There are different types, measures and with different objectives What's yours?
- Es muy probable que necesites aislamiento en techos y paredes, especially if your content is going to be a habitable structure. An insulation that protects the inside of the metal container from heat and cold, as well as from water or moisture.
Structures made with containers
Los contenedores se pueden personalizar para cualquier ocasión y necesidad, y es posible construir un contenedor perfectamente equipado y habitable. Vamos a ver algunas ideas de los posibles usos de un contenedor marítimo para estructuras:
Containers funcionan de manera excelente como espacios temporales para ofrecer servicios durante eventos, fairs, parties, or during the construction or reform of a permanent space.
A space that can be changed at the end of the promotion or when you change the location of the business.
Possible uses of a shipping container. A container, a thousand uses
- Street food sale "food truck"
- Stand de feria o mercado
- Advertising fence or advertising platform.
- Portable event toilets
- Backstage o bastidores para eventos
- Taquillas para venta de entradas
Container transformed into accommodation
There are complete buildings made with containers in the world, such as in Keetwonen, in Amsterdam.
Container or prefabricated homes have been used at different times to provide temporary or portable accommodation, for example after a catastrophe.
Con el tiempo, viendo sus posibilidades, las edificaciones hechas con contenedores se utilizan cada vez más como opción en lugares con superpoblados, o como espacio “extra” en cuando el construido no es suficiente.
Container transformed into outer space
A container can be an inexpensive construction, in some cases where more expensive, heavy, or difficult to transport materials are required. As well as, when it is not known for sure how long the structure is going to be kept in the same place.
- Porch or terrace
- Play space for children
- Passage space in routes and outdoor activities, for example: as a rest area, information, first aid, space to solve tests or challenges, escape room ...
In SILVERSEA Containers you can find all kinds of containers Do you want to convert a cargo container into a structure?
Our team will be happy to answer your doubts and advise you on the right options, most profitable for you.
Tell us What is your idea?