There is a general idea that a container is a simple metal storage structure used to transport goods. Nothing could be further from the truth.
A container can be a box full of surprises, and an excellent starting point for dozens of projects, where your imagination has no limits. In this article we will talk about all the possible uses of a sea container.
Containers were originally only used to transport cargo, but in recent years, more and more architects, designers and companies are reusing these steel enclosures., por su naturaleza flexible y adaptable, para construir distintas construcciones económicas, ligeras y fácilmente disponibles.
With a few modifications and some creativity, a metal container can become a functional and elegant space.
From complete buildings to practical spaces, eye-catching pieces of furniture and works of art without any particular function. The possible uses of a sea container are unlimited.
Everything is possible by making good use of recycled or specially built shipping containers.
What are the benefits of a construction made of containers?
- It is eye-catching and creative.
- It is a strong and durable solution.
- It is cheaper than a concrete, brick, cement structure...
- Can be relocated and relocated over time
- It can be reused and transformed again, to be adapted to other uses or left as a permanent solution
- It is a system that is increasingly used and requested in the world for its simplicity, price, flexibility and originality.
How to transform a container and what to consider before buying it?
Transforming a container and giving life to any idea is possible, but it should not be taken lightly.
For its structure to be solid, durable and obtain the expected result, it is necessary to follow some essential guidelines that will help you in the process before buying your container:
- Question what it has been used for and for how long.
- Ask for images and make sure it has no problems in its structure such as dents or rusty areas that affect its structure.
- Before choosing the place where you are going to place your transformed container, make sure that there are no restrictions to converting a container into a habitable structure, even temporarily.
- If you do not have the necessary resources, tools and experience, put yourself in the hands of people or companies specialized in containers, that they know how to work this material and are able to help you in the process, solving doubts and avoiding possible errors.
- The design matters, but also its solidity and resistance. Keep in mind that making too many cuts or "holes", for example to make windows, can weaken its structure.
- If you need your container to have resources that require installation, such as: electricity, water, internet connection, ventilation, heating, drainage ... it is essential to make sure that you can equip it with everything you need and that you can use these resources in the area. where you install it.
- Not always any content will do Do you know what type of container you need? Los hay de diferentes tipos, medidas y con distintos objetivos ¿Cuál es el tuyo?
- You most likely need ceiling and wall insulation, especialmente si tu contenido va a ser una estructura habitable. Un aislamiento que proteja el interior del contenedor metálico del calor y del frío, así como del agua o la humedad.
Structures made with containers
The containers can be customized for any occasion and need, and it is possible to build a perfectly equipped and habitable container. Let's see some ideas of the possible uses of a sea container for structures:
The containers they work excellently as temporary spaces to offer services during events, fairs, parties, or during the construction or reform of a permanent space.
A space that can be relocated at the end of the promotion or when changing the location of the business.
Possible uses of a sea container:
- Street sale of food type "food truck"
- Fair or market stand
- Billboard or advertising platform.
- Portable toilets for events
- Backstage or racks for events
- Ticket offices
Container transformed into accommodation
There are complete buildings made with containers in the world, as for example in Keetwonen, en Ámsterdam
Containerized or prefabricated homes have been used at different times to provide temporary or portable accommodation, for example after a disaster.
Over time, seeing their possibilities, buildings made with containers are increasingly used as an option in places with overcrowded areas, or as an “extra” space when the built is not enough.
Container transformed into outer space
A container can be an inexpensive construction, in some cases where more expensive, heavy, or difficult to transport materials are required. As well as, when it is not known for sure how long the structure is going to be kept in the same place.
- Porch or terrace
- Play space for children
- Passage space in routes and outdoor activities, for example: as a rest area, information, first aid, space to solve tests or challenges, escape room ...
At SILVERSEA Containers you can find all kinds of containers Do you want to convert a cargo container into a structure?
Our team He will be happy to answer your questions and advise you on the ideal, most profitable options for you.
Tell us What is your idea?